We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Kodak DX 3700 Camera Battery Problem.

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have a Kodak DX 3700 digital camera that as a battery problem.

When the camera was supplied, it was provided with KAA2HR 1600mAh Ni-MH 1.2v x 2 battery, yet checking for battery replacements it would appear that CR-3V battery is being recommended for this camera. In fact the camera went back to Kodak for repair, and the supplied a free KAA2HR replacement battery.

It came to the point that the KAA2HR two battery unit was dismantled, so each battery could be recharged on an independent charger instead of the Kodak Docking Station device. This method as worked fairly well.

I have just purchased a replacement KAA2HR battery with a bigger output 2200mAh, and attempting to charge via the docking station, the red charging light is blinking constantly, which is suggesting a possible 'non-charging' process. Checking with Kodak, they are now offering no support or advice on the DX 3700.

Question (and I have tried to look this up - without success): (1) Should the Docking Station cope with the extra charging required and (2) Why supply KAA2HR, when its being advertised that the CR-3V will do, yet this appears to be a different battery type?.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I purchased a special charger from 7 day shop via Amazon, but this didn't answer the question.

The one on offer in the link, is the same and same company that are on eBay. I have sent them an email to see if the charger will work with the KAA2HR batteries.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I think that you may find it is different. I suspect that your charging problem is because it is a a 2200mAh battery and it should be 1800. You can get 1800 batteries.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Final Update

I have received no reply from the email sent to the seller of the charger and batteries, and perhaps I didn't really expect one, because of the somewhat complications.

The original Kodak supplied KAA2HR 1600mAh Ni-MH 1.2V X 2 batteries work after charging. The newly purchased KAA2HR 2200mAh 1.2V x 2 battery, just doesn't work at all. Which to me seems a little strange, for a power consumable product.

I will put this as resolved, and offer thanks to those that contributed.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...