We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to get album cover when ripping CDs?

stlucia2

Likes # 0

I rip my CDs to use on my Android phone, using Windows Media Player. Nice and quick, and straightforward.

But when a CD is ripping, WMP usually displays the album cover near the top left of the screen. The Android music player on my phone has a large blank space on the screen above the song and artist details when it's playing tracks, which looks like it should be for displaying the album cover.

Can I get the album cover picture into my phone, please? If so, how?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I'm surprised that the latest version is not compatible. How do HTC expect people to sync?

Have you tried connecting the Desire and seeing if WMP recognises it as external drive that you can sync to?

Like this post
stlucia2

Likes # 0

Yes, WMP recognises my phone, so I can sync to it. Only problem is, I can't for the moment see any of the files on my PC to drag and drop them into a playlist!! (I've only ever used WMP for ripping, so I need to learn how to use it.)

As for HTC Sync, the current version works with newer phones; but with an older phone (only 4 years) like mine I've got to use the version that came with the phone. Up until now it's been fine because all I've wanted to sync is my contacts, which it does.

BUT, how is syncing my music files going to be any different from dragging and dropping them directly, using Windows Explorer, as I do now?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I'm not sure how it will be different but I know with my MP3 player that syncing with WMP includes album covers.

If you've ripped with it then the tracks should be listed in WMP.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Just had a thought is the album cover shown in WMP? If you get album cover there then drag and drop may well work.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Is this any good to you Rock'on

Direct Download Click here

Like this post
stlucia2

Likes # 0

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to learn how to work with WMP, and see if that gives me cover graphics. If not, I'm happy to live with no covers on my phone for, after all, it's the music that matters.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite