We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to get album cover when ripping CDs?

stlucia2

Likes # 0

I rip my CDs to use on my Android phone, using Windows Media Player. Nice and quick, and straightforward.

But when a CD is ripping, WMP usually displays the album cover near the top left of the screen. The Android music player on my phone has a large blank space on the screen above the song and artist details when it's playing tracks, which looks like it should be for displaying the album cover.

Can I get the album cover picture into my phone, please? If so, how?

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

copy and paste from Amazon,sorted.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I get the album cover on my android from ripped CD's (WMP ripping). Which phone is it and how are transferring the music to the phone?

Like this post
stlucia2

Likes # 0

Woolwell, my phone is HTC Desire, and I transfer the MP3 files by connecting it to my PC as an external drive and dragging & dropping the relevant files. But when I've done the ripping with WMP, I only see MP3 files on my PC, with no graphics file for the cover. Should there be a separate one (as implied by mole1944's reply), or is the info included within the MP3 files themselves?

mole1944, if I get graphics files of the covers off the internet, how does my music player link them to the track that's playing?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I have a Samsung and do not use drag and drop but Kies to transfer music. Not sure about the HTC.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

2 things to try:

Use HTC Sync Manager or

Connect your phone as an external drive, see if it is recognised by Windows Media Player and then sync music using WMP.

Like this post
stlucia2

Likes # 0

HTC Sync only syncs with Outlook. But I've got no problem getting the music files (.mp3) across to the phone -- my question really is, where is the album cover data? Should it be a separate file, or is the information embedded in the .mp3 files?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

HTC Sync doesn't only sync with Outlook. HTC Sync FAQ's

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

As far as I am aware the album cover should be embedded in the MP3 file.

Like this post
stlucia2

Likes # 0

The version of HTC Sync that works with my phone has less features than the one described in your link, Woolwell. Even though it was automatically updated not so long ago, it only gives me the option to sync "Windows Address Book (Outlook Express)", and certainly no option to hold down the Ctrl key and select files from anywhere on my PC, or the ability to detect when there's a CD in my PC's drive.

So, if the cover artwork is embedded in the .mp3 files, it must be a matter of one of the settings on my player to view them -- or maybe it's simply that that option's not available with Songbird.

Like this post
stlucia2

Likes # 0

P.S. I've just remembered, when I updated HTC Sync a while back, I had to go back to an old version because the current version is not compatible with my "old" Desire phone :-( So that's why I'm missing the features.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...