We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Relpacement for Nvidia Gs8600 graphics card

simon5000

Likes # 0

The graphics card on my Medion computer is faulty , i therefore wish to replace it . I am running Windows Vista 32 Bit. The card installed at the moment is a Nvidia Gs8600 which has 256MB DDR2 memory. I was going to relace it with either of the following cards , a Sapphire 11166-02-20R HD 5450 1GB DDR3 or a EVGA Nvidia 8400GS 512MB 32-Bit DDR3 . But i was unsure whether they would work as my present card is DDR2 memory and these cards are DDR3 . I don't know if this matters or not. I am not interested in performance as i play no games .I would be grateful for any advice . Simon

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

DDR2 or DDR3 makes no difference. It's just the type of memory modules the card has on it. As long as your PSU is powerful enough you'll be fine.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide