We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google Chrome won't scroll

Pineman100

Likes # 0

I've got an odd problem with Google Chrome, running under Windows 7 Home Premium.

Quite often, when I visit a web page that's longer than my screen can display, I can't scroll down. The vertical scroll bar on the right-hand side of the screen is visible, as is the scroll up arrow button at the top of the bar. But there's no down scroll arrow button.

I've tried dragging the vertical scroll bar, rolling my mouse wheel, using my down arrow key and my Page Down key. Nothing works.

The problem is not universal - sometimes I can scroll down, sometimes I can't. And I can't spot any common link between pages that have the problem. This PCA page scrolls fine!

Any ideas please?

Like this post
iamcat

Likes # 0

I have had this problem with Google chrome and Norton Identity Safe, disabling the extension stopped it from happening.

Like this post
crochetingnana

Likes # 0

I have exactly the same problem. I am not a techie. Can you post step by step instructions? Or should I keep looking? I like chrome, but this is making it hard to keep using it.

Thanks, CrochetingNana

Like this post
suzieq1121

Likes # 0

I had the same problem and mine is working fine now (crossing my fingers). I shut off the Norton toolbar.I still have Norton running just don't have the Identity Safe toolbar up. So excited if this was all it took. I've done everything else that was suggested. Glad to be using Chrome again.

Like this post
suzieq1121

Likes # 0

Having the same issue and shut off the Identity Safe toolbar and Chrome is scrolling now!! Crossing my fingers this was the issue. I have tried everything else on this site and others.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days