We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Outlook2010 - data file locations

Mr. Chips

Likes # 0

Having had a motherboard meltdown on my XP desktop PC I am now using a Windows7 laptop, but want to keep my data on a RAID system on the network.

I can't find any way of telling Outlook2010 to locate my data files, (I think there are three of them), into another file location.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

I don't know much about raid BUT there is a Microsoft addin for Outlook 2010 called Outlook Backup Addin that will automatically create a backup of your Outlook files in any location you want at whatever frequency you set it for.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

This will help MS Support

Like this post
Mr. Chips

Likes # 0

Many Thanks Pine Man,

I had a look around and couldn't find something that caught my imagination. I will keep my mind open for future Add In opportunities though!

Woolwell. I followed your link and, although it states that it doesn't support Network drives, it was quite happy to work with my Mapped RAID system.

So, I think, that with your help, I am there

Thank you ... both of you, for your time and assistance.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'