We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

install ubuntu from 12.04 CD

cedar palace

Likes # 0

Sorry about that. I have an old Toshiba Satellite 1800 laptop with 20GB HDD and 500mb memory. There is nothingI want from the hard drive and am trying to boot ubuntu 12.04 from the install CD and have got this far............

BusyBox vl.18.5 (ubuntu 1:1,18.5-ubuntu4) built in shell (ash) Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

(initrafs) help Built-in commands:

.: [ alias break cd chdir command continue echo eval exec exit export false getopts hash help let local printf pwd read readonly return set shift test times trap true type ulimit unmask unalias upset wait [ [[ ash awk basename blockdev cat chmod chroot chvt clear cmp cp cut deallocvt df dnsdomainname du dumpkmap echo egrep env expr false fbset fdflush fgrep find grep gunzip gzip hostname ifconfig lp kill in loadfont loadkmap ls mkdir mkfifo mknod mkswap mktemp modinfo more mount mv openvt pidof printf ps pwd readlink reset rm rmdir sed seq setkeycodes sh sleep sort stat static-sh stty switch_root sync tail tee test touch tr true tty umount uname uniq wc wget which yes zcat

(initramfs) _

I have come to a grinding halt, can you please help.

Like this post
LastChip

Likes # 0

It's looks as though you've probably got a corrupted superblock, but rather than me rewrite the procedure Click Here.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes