We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Deleteing emails

cruiser2

Likes # 0

I use Mozilla Firefox for my emails. I have four different email addresses which end in @talktalk.net Is there a quick and easy way to delete several emails from both the Inbox and the Trash folder at the same time. I can get many emails which are out of date when I have been away on holiday. Refuse to look at them when I am on holiday. At present, I have to tick each email individually and then clock on Delete. When I tick the small box the email is highlighted in grey. But I can only do one at once. Any advice much appreciated

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I shall now bow out gracefully out of this thread but will follow with great interest. :)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

With webmail I usually find the box to tick that selects them all on that page then individually untick the few ones I want to keep before pressing Delete to send them to the Trash (which I have set in Options to empty itself after 7 days).

Like this post
cruiser2

Likes # 0

Thank you everybody for your help. I have managed to delete the emails. In the Inbox, if I clicked on number 1 and then pressed Ctrl and/or Shift and them scrolled down to number 10 and clicked 10 also, they would be highlighted in grey. Clicking Delete they would all disappear. In the Trash box, if I click the box at the top above the list and then click delete they are all deleted. The same thing also happens for the In box. This thread can be considered closed

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...