We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Deleteing emails

cruiser2

Likes # 0

I use Mozilla Firefox for my emails. I have four different email addresses which end in @talktalk.net Is there a quick and easy way to delete several emails from both the Inbox and the Trash folder at the same time. I can get many emails which are out of date when I have been away on holiday. Refuse to look at them when I am on holiday. At present, I have to tick each email individually and then clock on Delete. When I tick the small box the email is highlighted in grey. But I can only do one at once. Any advice much appreciated

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Woolwell , yes I'd have thought so. Question is why the browser was mentioned in the original post? No bearing on the problem (if there is one) at all.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

But you can't individually tick each one without using Ctrl or Shift key. If you tick one and then tick another the first is no longer selected.

This may explain better than I seem to be able to do - it's simple stuff

deleting emails

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Sea Urchin Precisely. So the TS has to do it for the four different email clients.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

But that is using an e-mail client. Firefox is used therefore webmail (why browser is mentioned) and boxes are also mentioned again webmail.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You don't have to do it for 4 different e-mail clients but do have to do it for 4 different e-mail addresses.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Posted too soon - should have added unless they all come into the same inbox.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

I don't see anything about 4 different email clients - in fact we don't yet know which email client is being used (if not webmail). But four talktalk addresses which should presumably all land in the same Inbox.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

We're not going to get much further until there is a reply.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

I think we should wait until cruiser2 returns and clarifies the situation

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Sorry - crossed with you Woolwell

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room