We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New[rebuilt] computer with Win 7 slow to boot -suggestions

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

One of the flock has rebuilt his machine with a donated 64 bit AMD MoBo [Winfast from Foxconn] and a new harddrive- and a purchased Genuine from [PC Wrold]Win7.

He comments all works well eventually but us very slow booting up. As of yet he has not loaded much software or transferred many files.

He wonders - why the slowness.

Any suggestions?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

A few more details would help, like make/model/quantity of RAM,exact model of mobo as there seem to be a few:Images, and CPU would also help.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Maybe check device manager to see if any drivers needing updated.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Slow booting is usually down to

excess programs or processes loading at start.

failing hardware such as slow drives

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Donated Mobo is Foxconn K8S 755A Processor AMD 64bit

As it origin to the donor a * Novatech MoBo bundle* and was passed on with original RAM installed. Trying to install the Utilities disk he gets the message similar to 'Not for this board;

As the utilities and book came with the board and there are no Wun7 utilities only XP

I assume it is in fact a message telling that Win7 drivers and the like are missing.

My current adice to him to to try to download drivers for this board for Win7

We shall wait and see.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I think that he will need to install XP as I think he might be struggling for Windows 7 drivers. The disk is obviously the wrong one for the board it sounds like to me. But have a look here for drivers etc. Foxconn.

By the way socket 754 is rather old and it might be that there will be no Win 7 drivers, could try Vista I suppose.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded