We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

epson printer connection lost

southview

Likes # 0

I have a epson RX560 all in one printer which is conected by cable (usb port) to my windows 7 64 bit laptop, all I can print is a test page, there is no response except message that says that my work has been sent to the printer. I have contacted epson support and they do not recognise RX560 as one of their products which is in fact still advertised by some suppliers I am at a loss as to what to do next. This printer has given good service in the past and I would like to keep it if it would only work! Can anyone please help?

Like this post
southview

Likes # 0

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I would remove all the drivers then download and install fresh copies from here and see if that helps. RX560 drivers.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

The symptoms mentioned usually indicate a driver issue, so try the link supplied by Chronus. Make sure that you do a fresh re-install.

Like this post
southview

Likes # 0

Chronus, Thank you for your help, I removed old drivers and attempted to reistall as you advised, however although the subsidory drivers downloaded ok when I try to download the printer drivers there is a message thatt the printer is not connected but in fact it is and is turned on all lights are on and the copy facility works ok What now! I looked on the microsoft site and it clearly states that the drivers are available. So I am stuck at present.I would be grateful for any advice.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Try a different USB port?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Disconnect the printer (power off, cables removed), then re-install as a new device.

Like this post
southview

Likes # 0

I have now tried deleting and reinstalling the drivers for my epson RX560 I have checked the cables changed the usb port still can only print a test sheet, cannot scan (message says scanner cannot be started)s where do I go from here? I am truly grateful for the helpful advice but it would seem that this equipment just does not like windows 7 despite microsoft saying it is compatable. Southview

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Faulty printer perhaps? Is it possible to try it in another PC preferably not one that is Windows 7?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Epson have a number of engineer's (authorised agents) around the UK. Might pay to have a word with one local to you, if you cannot test the printer on another computer which doesn't have W7.

If you do contact an agent, then they might request that you take the printer in for a check. Check the charges first because these can and do vary depending on the agent. They may also offer a trade-in on special promotions, perhaps to something more compatible to W7 or future W8. Consider any offers carefully, it could or could not be to your advantage?.

I haven't checked, but you could try http://www.fixyourownprinter.com

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a look at this thread. suenay's post said that it was neglected to select the version for USB and to set new default.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Videos leak as Microsoft sets 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

IBC 2014 news: video post, CG and VFX news from Adobe, Blackmagic, Eyeon and more

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...