We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Moving music between My Music and Windows Media Player

Phoenix21

Likes # 0

I used to use Real Player to rip music from CDs, and the music files would then appear in both My Music and Real Player.

I have uninstalled Real Player and installed Windows Media Player, and use the " Rip music from CD using Windows Media Player" choice in the drop down window of the Audio CD (D:) when it asks me what I want Windows to do. These music files only appear in WMP. Is there any way I can copy them to My Music without corrupting them or losing them in WMP?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

By default, Windows Media Player will rip your tunes in WMA format and save it in your "Music" folder so I can't understand why they are not showing in your Music Folder. Check out this LINK

enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Have you done a search? - they may be going to another folder. There is a option for you to change the destination folder in that link.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Phoenix21

If my memory serves me correctly, I believe you have a external hard drive on which you save your backups and other bits and pieces, so following on from northumbria61 you may need to alter the Destination for your ripped music.

In WMP right-click on the small arrow below Sync (top right), then click on More options.

Next click on the Rip Music Tab, and then click on Change (for the Destination) - Browse to and select your My Music, then click on Apply and OK.

Your ripped music should then automatically appear in your My Music folder.

I hope!

Like this post
Phoenix21

Likes # 0

The music WAS going to another folder - my E Drive (external hard drive). I have altered the settings within Windows Media Player so all ripped music now goes to My Music, and I have also dragged all the music which was in E Drive to My Music, so eveything is back as it should be.

Thank you both so much! I'm really grateful.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Great, thanks for your feedback.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite