We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PDF files try to open in word

NORFOLK SPARKY

Likes # 0

when I receive a PDF file I have the option of saving or opening the file. The option given is open with adobe but when I chose this option it opens in word and is nonsense. I am using Office home & student. I assume that there is a default setting in word to open all files with word. Does any one know if this is correct and if possible can it be turned off. Even if I save it and then left click on that file it trys to open in word. The only way I can open as a PDF is to right click and chose open with Adobe. Thanks in anticipation for your help

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

This is probably a problem with file association with pdf being associated with Word rather than Adobe. This isn't a problem with Word. To help you need to tell us what your operating system is - XP, Vista, W7?

Like this post
NORFOLK SPARKY

Likes # 0

Hi Woolwell computer is running xp professional

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Try this Ms Support

Like this post
NORFOLK SPARKY

Likes # 0

Thanks Woolwell that worked

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Good to know.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen