We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Conflicting Hard Drive temp info

Hetti

Likes # 0

I have Ashampoo Hard drive control 2 it reports no problems temp 31c. I decided to try Acronis Hard drive Monitor it reports temp problem 33c and suggests I sort it out asap. I have run the software one after the other, three times or more the result is the same, I'm at a loss as to what to do now. Any advice appreciated

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Running 2 different programs will nearly always give you 2 different results. Personally I wouldn't worry about the 2 degrees discrepancy - other people may differ.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Absolutely nothing amiss about either of those temps,if it was showing 50-55c you would have reason to worry.

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

northumbria61 Thanks... I felt inclined to just leave it be (would hardly know how to sort it out anyway lol) The PC is a DELL Inspiron One and only 8 months old so still in warranty.

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

Chronus

Thanks.......happy to hear your opinion, sets my mind to rest

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Widespread 2011 MacBook Pro failures continue: Petition for fix surpasses 10,000 signatures