We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can't connect to virgin super hub

Midlander1066

Likes # 0

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help.

I have a virgin Super Hub and I can't connect to it properly.

My laptop uses Windows XP.

I can see the wireless connection in my 'view available networks'.

I try to connect to it as usual and the requires a network key screen comes up.

I type in the 8 digit passphrase on the side of the router and click connect and I get the "waiting for the network" thing what seems a little bit too long.

My laptop then seems to be connected to the router but I have no internet at all and can't access the web.

Other computers (one running Windows 7 and one running Windows Vista) can connect to this network OK and my laptop can connect to other networks OK so it seems to be a problem between my laptop and the virgin router.

Hope this makes sense!

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I would suggest that you perhaps try Virgin for a solution. I have a very similar problem as yourself, and its proving hard to resolve. Would add that I am not using Virgin but TalkTalk, which the router-modem is working fine hard wired to desktop's, but not on wireless to a laptop.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

right click on the wireless icon on the taskbar and then click on repair.See if that helps.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I guess that the XP laptop, with the problem, is much older than the other two. I don't run the Superhub (yet) so don't know its setup but wonder if it is working n only. It also has two frequencies and wonder if your XP system is compatible with what is being transmitted.

It is probably worthwhile dialling 150 on your Virgin phone and seeking assistance.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Have you tried unplugging it for a minute from the mains? I have the superhub and that cured a problem we were having with the wireless side of it.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I had problems like that and it was the Ip address that was wrong.

Not sure how you do it on Xp but try it on one of your W/7 computers.Right click the wireless Icon on the taskbar and click on open network and sharing center.

left click wireless network connection.Then click on details.Copy the settings from that then check the XP laptop has the same settings.

You may have to install the settings manually.

I had lots of trouble with that till I realised that the settings were wrong on the computer that I was having problems with.

Once I changed the settings the computer worked Ok.

Might not be that but worth a look.I would say that there is a high chance that is what your problem is.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...