We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to download Eset smart security 5

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

How to download Eset smart security 5 without using the CD it came with.

Daughters old Computer the DVD Drive does not work[Knackered I believe.]How can I download Eset and just add the keycode.

I have tried downloading the trial versions but they don't ask for the keycode they ask for the username and password.

Must be an easy way to do this but I cannot thing what.

Any advice welcome.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Sorry should have said it is a 3 user package if that makes any difference.

Like this post
retep888™

Likes # 0

click here for ESET Knowledgebase - Home Support & enter the key code after installation.

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 0

From their support site,have a try.

ESET transfer

you may have to un-install and re-install.

it seems you do need username and password.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

retep888™

That looks good when I tried before it just had the username and password or trial version looking at your one it includes the keycode which is what I am looking for.

Many thanks for your help with a bit of luck I will be able to try it today.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Thanks daz60 that leads to the same one as retep888™ posted so looking good so far.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Well that never worked.Only the 2 choices Name and Password or Trial.

Like this post
retep888™

Likes # 0

In this case,network your daughter's PC with another computer,and then go into the 2nd PCs with a working dvd drive and set it as shared.

From your daughter's PC if you can see the shared dvd drive, then put the softwares in that PC and install software from your daughter's PC as if its own.

click here for how to share Cd & DVD drives over the network on Windows

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

retep888™

It looks a bit complicated for me so will give it a miss and just install MSE back on to her computer if no luck with Eset.

I will try contacting them to see what they say.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Just wondering if after the trial version of Eset has run out whether it will ask for a keycode then.

Probably I would think.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Ok problem solved probably.

When I downloaded Eset on my computer in May I had to activate it using the keycode and Eset replied by e-mail giving me a username and password.

Just checked through my old E-mails and sure enough it was in there.

So will give that a try the next time I am up at her house.

Many thanks for your help and sorry it was an easy solution that I should have checked before proceeding.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......