We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows 7 wants to format new SD card

//adz_w///

Likes # 0

hi, my partner recieved a new nikon coolpic s3200 with 2 8gb SD cards

i set up the camera about a week and a half ago and everything was working fine she recieved it today and took afew pictures

when we got home the card wasnt working i cant remember what the camera said

we too the sd card out, reset the camera and turned it on and off a few times

i decided to put the card into the laptop (windows 7 64 bit) and it said this

E:\ is not accessible. The volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted." any sugestions?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Send it back. New Camera, with SD cards failing to work is not worth messing about with.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I think your laptop card reader needs a new driver to be able to correctly read SDHC cards. Do a google for W7 SDHC

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

lotvic , with respect, the card reader will be compatible with the HC card. Possibly connect the camera, with cards still inserted, to the PC via USB and see if you get the same message. If one of the SDHC cards are duff, you said two cards supplied with camera, then they will sort it out for you.

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

hi guys,

the card reader in the camera is working fine as i have tried the second SD card so its not the camera

every time i turn the camera on it will go to a screen and say "camera is not formatted format card now? if i do this it says all images will be deleted

if i have the camera plugged into the computer it will say card unavailable

is there any way of recieving the images and how do i know what card reader it is in the laptop

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If you want to close this duplicate thread, click on the big grey tick at the right and it will turn green, then refresh the page or click on Post (that should work providing site isn't playing up again... they keep fiddling with it)

Other thread http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/tech-helproom/4160041/windows-7-wants-to-format-new-sd-card/?pn=1

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

thanks iotvic please reply on my other thread

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing