We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Touch screen monitor

iqs

Likes # 0

Hi, I'm running w7 and am looking for a touch screen monitor which works well with w7 .my budget is upto £250 Thanks

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I've seen this but I assume you need this to use it? As you can see, I have no experience of touch screen monitors so you'll have to do some homework. Good luck.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

You might do well to wait till October (I think) when Windows 8 is launched. Because it natively supports touchscreen, I imagine there will be a flood of touchscreen monitors come on the market, which should bring prices down.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Ian in Northampton That's a good theory or it could go the other way. Not long ago touch screen monitors were scarce. Now Win 8 on the horizon then possibly Touch Screens will get more expensive and ordinary screens cheaper?

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

I have been looking for a touch screen for some time - just to keep up to date. But when I tried win8 and "pretended" to use a touch screen I realize that I would not be able to reach most of my "screen". However I have continued to look at what is available. Before you buy look for reviews for your chosen monitor.It seems that the color is not bad ,even good, but the touch is not very accurate to the point some (all?) provide a pen to use instead of your finger.

Let us know if you find a suitable one.

Like this post
iqs

Likes # 0

Hi all, Thanks for the help.will do a search on which one is recommended ,will of course post back when/if I purchase one. Thanks again

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I have a tablet which I use a Capacitive/Resistive touch screen Stylus Pen because the amount of grease that gets on a screen is annoying, God knows what it would be like n a monitor.

For that reason I will not be moving to Windows 8 and touch screen.

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

I can see the advantage of touch with small screens (toys LOL) but the idea that my main screen will end up like my oven -only i can understand how to use it because it has worn away the numbers - is not a good idea!

On the other hand the idea of putting aside the mouse and picking up a pen is a no no for me.

It also appears that the touch part is no good,at the moment, for detail work.You can now see why i have been looking for some time and i agree win8 is not for me except for testing.

Like this post
iqs

Likes # 0

Hi all, In the end I decided not to buy a touch screen monitor,purchased a standard led Samsung .very happy with it.Thanks all

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more