We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I cant get into my email messagers

petehat

Likes # 0

Dear Sir. Every time i click in my password to go into my email message i have the following come up, apache tomcat/5.5.27-err.... http status 500- exception org.apache.jasper.jasper exception/templete/tiscali.co.uk/main/htlm/layout.jpx And it goes on and on What shall i do to clear this fault. Yours Sincerely Mr P Hatherell

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Probably a temporary problem with your e-mail provider's server. It should clear automatically.

Did you ever solve your other question(s)?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Are you with TalkTalk ?

What is the end part of your email address? the part after the @

(do not put your whole email address on here for all the world to see)

Type your reply in the box below and then click on Post

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

lotvic - The OP has never replied to any threads that he has started. It would seem to be the same this time.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Woolwell, I know. I'm trying to make it easy for him, obviously needs some help. Did you notice the 'tiscali.co.uk'? That is TalkTalk now and the tiscali servers are I think defunct.

Also the Jasper Jasper - that's Java JS problem don't you think?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The apache tomcat and the status 500 parts may well indicate a server problem.

I think that tiscali should auto route to talktalk but it would be better to update the e-mail settings.

It is very difficult to assist when there is no reply and I am aware that in another thread instructions as to how to reply were given.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I've just got a pcadvisor 500 error when clicking on Helproom Link

500 coldfusion.runtime.EventHandlerException: Event handler exception.

at coldfusion.runtime.AppEventInvoker.onSessionStart(AppEventInvoker.java:377)

at etc etc etc down the page

It righted itself when I refreshed the page. So that all points to a Server Error.

I think petehat's problem is the Webmail side of tiscali email now that it is through TalkTalk Servers. And/or Java and JS needs enabling in Browser. What do you think?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Still think it is a server error and nothing to do with the user's end.

There is something odd going on though at PCA. My 2.14 post didn't originally appear and I got an error message. I reposted with slightly different wording and that hasn't appeared at all!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

There does seem to be some difficulties with a tiscali email address and Webmail, ClickHere Read this thread on TalkTalk Forum

ClickHere and then click on which email you have to get the settings to collect your email on your pc.

Like this post
Clapton is God

Likes # 0

lotvic

"Did you notice the 'tiscali.co.uk'? That is TalkTalk now and the tiscali servers are I think defunct".

Not strictly true.

All tiscali.co.uk e-mail addresses (like my own) are still alive and well and living on the TalkTalk servers.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Clapton is God, are you able to log on tiscali Webmail with no problems via the TalkTalk server?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...