We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HP Pavillion dv9700 WLAN Disabled

Flopper

Likes # 0

I have had to install a fresh HDD and reinstalled Vista (32-bit) Home Premium (not my choice) on the above and the HP Wireless Assistant is saying the WLAN Disabled. In Device Manager there are a few items stating that drivers have not been installed, ie, Ethernet Controller (x 2), SM Bus Controller, Coprocessor and Unknown Device but I installed all the drivers I could find for this on the HP website From what I have read on various forums this is a common problem specific to this model. Has anybody got any experience of this or a fix?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

In Device Manager there are a few items stating that drivers have not been installed

Do you have yellow exclamation marks against these items? If so you need to update your drivers.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

In Device Manager there are a few items stating that drivers have not been installed

Do you have yellow exclamation marks against these items? If so you need to update your drivers.

The correct Network Driver for you I believe to be an Atheros AR5007 - Take a look in this link enter link description here but try to update via Device Manager first.(right click on your Network Adapter and choose Update Driver Software)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Check here for your particular model of
dv9700

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Failing the above - Please post the product number for your notebook, which can be found on the same sticker as the serial number.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

If I am correct in my thinking there is an Atheros 5007 Network Driver in this LINK for you to try.enter link description here

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Probably nothing to do with it but make sure WLAN in Services is set to automatic and is running.

Like this post
Flopper

Likes # 0

Thanx for all your help. The Atheros driver helped but also rather stupidly I had downloaded and unzipped some drivers but forgot to install one or two so I am not sure what did the trick in the end.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...