We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wireless mouse ( and keyboard) odd response

jonem81

Likes # 0

I have a modern PC with wireless mouse and keyboard. I find that the very first time I use the mouse or keyboard, there is no response. The first input leaves a blank, and I have to repeat the entering of the word. Most times I double tap the mouse just to 'make it aware', and it's OK after that, but it is very annoying when I forget this, type in a password, for instance, and told that my password is wrong! The keyboard and mouse have both charged batteries, so it's not that. These came with the HP p6539uk PC, Intel i5, 500HDD, with Windows 7 Home Premium. jonem81

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Some wireless mice and keyboards have a sleep function to save the batteries, you should have software supplied with the mouse and keyboard where might be able to change this.

Like this post
jonem81

Likes # 0

chub_tor Thanks, I will look for my Setup disk. jonem81

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room