We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

create dvd to view from pictures

rsturbo

Likes # 0

hi i have some pictures i want to share with friend who only has normal dvd player on his tv (ie does not have pc). what software is good for creating a dvd slideshow of the pictures i have?

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"strangely all of them seem to create dvd's but the dvd's work on some dvd players but not others. i have tried on my upstairs player and it works but dowstairs does not. also my friends does not read the disks either! any ideas??"

If you're simply copying the movie file you created on to a blank DVD then it may play on some modern players. If you want to create a disk like the ones you buy in the shops that'll work on all players then you need a program for creating DVD movies. XP's Movie Maker is great at creating slideshow and movie files but unfortunately it's unable to create the DVD you're looking for. I haven't looked at the other programs mentioned but they appear to be movie editing programs - hopefully someone can confirm whether they'll do what you want.

Eedcam's tip will tell you if you're created the right sort of disk - if it doesn't have a "Video_ts" folder then it's likely to be the wrong one.

If your PC is a big-name brand such as HP, Compaq, or Dell etc then it may already have the software you're looking for pre-installed. Click your Start button and check what's listed under All Programs. See if you have any programs from Sonic, Roxio, or Nero and let us know what you discover.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone