We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

create dvd to view from pictures

rsturbo

Likes # 0

hi i have some pictures i want to share with friend who only has normal dvd player on his tv (ie does not have pc). what software is good for creating a dvd slideshow of the pictures i have?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

click here

I have not used it, but this should do it for you.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Jeez you might have warned him you need to got to the bottom of the page to get the free version

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

eedcam

I am assuming rsturbo has a modicum of common sense!

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 1

I'm sure he probably has but it its surprising how many click on the first download they see.. When suggesting any software that aint free I think one should not assume anything and it don;t take any time to forewarn Different strokes for different folks

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

rsturbo probably already has got a program that will do that on pc. Would have helped to know which OS - XP, Vista, W7?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

lotvic is correct, Windows Movie Maker will do the job and the OP probably has that on his system, if not Serif MoviePlus Starter is free and will do the job.

Like this post
rsturbo

Likes # 0

thanks for these comments (depends who you ask re common sense ask the misses = no ha ha)

will take a look and report back

win xp - o/s

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Yes Movie maker will do the job, also I like Photo Story 3 for XP, free from Microsoft ClickHere and a tutorial Clickhere

nice and simple to use and has great effects.

"Create slideshows using your digital photos. With a single click, you can touch-up, crop, or rotate pictures. Add stunning special effects, soundtracks, and your own voice narration to your photo stories. Then, personalize them with titles and captions. Small file sizes make it easy to send your photo stories in an e-mail. Watch them on your TV, a computer, or a Windows Mobile–based portable device."

Like this post
rsturbo

Likes # 0

thanks for the above. strangely all of them seem to create dvd's but the dvd's work on some dvd players but not others. i have tried on my upstairs player and it works but dowstairs does not. also my friends does not read the disks either! any ideas??

thank you

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Does this dvd show on the pc as a Video_ts folder?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite