We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My Posts and PCA website Site Error?

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have been using the website over the past few days, since I was able to gain access. But a short time ago this morning, I notice that when I go to 'My Post' it now returns a Site Error message. A automatic report as been sent to the webmaster!.

Anyone else noticing this problem, who is it just me?.

Using XP and Google Chrome.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Looks like me, its now gone back to usual working!.

Like this post  
Nontek

Likes # 0

I had the same message a few minutes ago when opening the site. I managed to bypass it and now all is running as it should.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Anyone else noticing this problem, who is it just me?."

It's not you, and in a kind of way it is.

The error message is returned by the server when it is unable to deliver the page you requested - possibly because the traffic load was particularly heavy at that moment.

Bear in mind the fact that all the forum pages are specifically created for you in real time - the server loads the content from a database and puts the page together each time you click on a link. Imagine that happening when there are say, a thousand people on the site at the same time, all of them clicking on various page links, and you'll get some idea of the work the server has to do. At times it can falter, and you get the error message. Try again after a few moments, and the chances are good that your page will load perfectly.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Here's an odd one. Tried to start a thread in the Speakers Corner forum, no joy, just a site error message and message disappeared. Now have just tried to post in Spuds thread, my post vanished but the thread I tried to start in the aforementioned Speakers Corner has reappeared in the Reply to this topic box.

It just gets better and better.

Lets see what happens when I try to post in another forum.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

FE

Thanks for the explanation.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I'm getting the error now.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

I had it this morning at 0730 not the time when heavy traffic would be expected

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks