We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Update duplication

shellship

Likes # 0

Win XP SP3. Office XP Pro. I have set Windows Update to notify me when one is available so that I can download it/them at my own convenience. Over the last week or so I keep getting the same updates to install even though they are already there. I have tried removing them in Add/Remove programs to see if that helps but to no avail. The message that I continually get when installing is *"Installing Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008 x86 (KB2656351) (update 1 of 2)... done! Installing Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB2487367) (update 2 of 2)... "*

How do I get out of this loop, please.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

seems its a common problem, have a look here Microsoft and the net Framework clean up tool. Click here.

Like this post
shellship

Likes # 0

Chronus

Magnificent. Think MS link did it. Thanks v much.

Like this post
shellship

Likes # 0

Pride before fall. It is back again. I'll try the MS site again.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Run Windows Update manually and when they show again double click them and a box will open underneath.Just tick don't show again and that should stop them from appearing.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Lytro Illum release date, price and specs: Light field camera goes 3D

IDG UK Sites

Tim Cook says Apple aims to be best, not first, hinting that iWatch is coming

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes