We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Updates

Dickptwo

Likes # 0

WINDOWS7 IS UPDATING EVERY DAY.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I thought it would be dot net problems. Horrible issue. Try a manual install from here. Reboot after installation.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Duplicate post in Win7 Help

Diskptwo

Please mark your other thread with a Green-tick, then stick to this thread. Only causes confusion if there is more than one thread per subject. Also please note that all Capitals is considered as shouting!

As I said, stick with this one Thread, someone will come to your aid!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

As I said, stick with this one Thread, someone will come to your aid!

I'm trying to help Nontek, honest. Try easiest solutions first before going to the dot net removal and reinstall as that carries risks.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

This worked for XP, link.

Like this post
Dickptwo

Likes # 0

Sorry, I did'nt understand the post protocol. I am in my eighties and I am a little slow. I am going to follow the last advice and delete .NET4 Thanks

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Have a look at the update history and ensure that the updates are successful. If not, it may be trying to install the same update over and over again. In that case, you could bar that particular update (unlikely to make any difference to the way the PC runs).

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Dickptwo

From your comments, I guess you are new to these Forums - so Welcome, always good to meet newcomers!

In your eighties eh, well you are in good company, many more like us behind these screens - though I am only 77yrs young!

I hope your little problem is solved!

Another bit of advice - in order to mark your Thread as Resolved (that is with a Green tick), simply click on any of the large Grey ticks in your Thread and then click on the Post button below this text box.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more