We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Canon MG5250 printer networking problem

Trenny
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am going crackers with trying to get my new MG5250 printing wirelessly. It works fine via usb. I have followed the booklet directions for going wirelessly and been told that it is 'connected' to the netwok OK', but when I press ctl + P in m/s word I get the error message: "The printer is offline etc etc."

There are ports that cannot be used with their current settings. Check that printerpower is on and cable is connected. if the problem persists cick 'Diagnose and Repair'. If i do that i am told that everything is OK. (That is probably because I have to connect via usb to run the Diagnose and Repair!)

Has anyone any ideas? I feel that it is something very simple that I am missing.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Have you shared the Printer via Network & Sharing? Also in Printer Server Properties under the Security Tab have you given Full Permissions?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Also try turning the printer OFF - wait for 30 secs and turn back ON again.

Like this post
Trenny

Likes # 0

Thank you Northumbria. I have gone into the printer properties and the printer is shared with a second laptop in the house. I have ticked all the boxes for permissions.

I think that I got an error message along the way about 'wrong pronter port'. How can I check that?

Like this post
Trenny

Likes # 0

I'll sign off from this post as i had to call in my expert. It turned out that my printer was linked to a previous installation of the software...

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert