We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Canon MG5250 printer networking problem

Trenny
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am going crackers with trying to get my new MG5250 printing wirelessly. It works fine via usb. I have followed the booklet directions for going wirelessly and been told that it is 'connected' to the netwok OK', but when I press ctl + P in m/s word I get the error message: "The printer is offline etc etc."

There are ports that cannot be used with their current settings. Check that printerpower is on and cable is connected. if the problem persists cick 'Diagnose and Repair'. If i do that i am told that everything is OK. (That is probably because I have to connect via usb to run the Diagnose and Repair!)

Has anyone any ideas? I feel that it is something very simple that I am missing.

Like this post
Trenny

Likes # 0

I eventually had to call in a technician. The problem was solved by reinstalling and renaming the wireless 'icon' to Canon Printer wireless and another to Canon Printer usb. I had previously only set up the usb version, apparently.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...