We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IE 9 problem..... I think!

charlton200

Likes # 0

I think I have a problem with IE9. When I click on file, edit, view, favorites,tools etc or history the list just flick up and goes off again and I have to do this about 8 or 9 times for the list to show. Also, when I go back a page it goes back 3 pages and not one. same with forward. It it also hard to try to highlight something to delete it or alter it.

I have done a virus scan but it still persists.

Is it the browser and if so how do I fix it, please?

I am on a HP laptop with windows 7

Thank you

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

Try going to tools/Internet options. Click on the advanced tab and down the bottom Reset.... ( just in case the tools is the cog next to the star at the top of ie9opened page.

Like this post
charlton200

Likes # 0

Thanks, I have just had a go at your suggestion and sadly it didn't work.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

Just a thought could be that your click speed is not correct to your touch, go to control panel/mouse/buttons tab (realise that you are probally using the laptop pad) then slow up or quicken the double click speed until the little yellow folder to the right opens up correctly at the right speed of your click when you are clicking on the folder. Might be that it could be too slow and thinks you have clicked 2 or 3 times. Worth a try if not let us know and somebody else will see and advise.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

you are only doing a single click on the items that you mentioned because they would close again if you double clicked?

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

With the IE9 window open press your Alt key - this will reveal the menu bar. The right click on the toolbar and select Menu Bar. It should then stay

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Apologies - I think I answered the wrong question!!!

Like this post
charlton200

Likes # 0

Thanks for your answers.

I have found out that when I use the touchpad it works ok, but when I use the mouse which I usally do than that's where the trouble has been. You are right that where my trouble is is on the one click and not a double click. I tried the surgestion of altering the double click speed and although this has made it a lot better I can't seem to get it perfect. I shall keep finddling with it and hope to get it perfect but if you have any other surgestions I'll be glad to try them. I don't know why this has suddenly happened as I haven't altered any thing.

Thanks for all your surgestions.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It sounds daft I know but go to Folder Options and under the general tab, make sure the button is dotted for Double-click to open an item (single-click to select).

Like this post
charlton200

Likes # 0

I checked that and thats ok. Thanks

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try another mouse.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...