We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

TeraCopy copying to DVD discs from external drive

jonem81

Likes # 0

I have a freebie copy of TeraCopy, and it's fine because the original dates of files are not lost during copying. However, I would like to know that when I copy from my WD external drive to DVD discs, will the drive inform me to 'change discs' when one is full, and then to inform me to 'insert new disc' until copying is complete? I have sent TeraCopy a similar query but that was over a week ago now, and I don't know if my freebie copy is supported. I have about 76GB to copy. Anyone help,please? jonem81

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

With that amount to copy, surely it would be better to get another external drive on which to keep the copied data!

You would need at least 20-odd DVDs for that lot, or if your DVD Drive is capable, at least 10x 8.5Gb Double Layer DVDs.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Agree with Nontek and optical discs are not reliable long term. But if you want to anyway....

I can't see any mention of Teracopy spanning discs, although it may.

CDBurnerXP certainly will though.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...