We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

what's the name of this connector?

SJM_81

Likes # 0

My nieces notebook doesn't charge probably, it flickers when charging.
I once helped my next door neigbour fix My nieces notebook doesn't charge probably, it flickers when charging.
I once helped my next door neigbour fix her laptop, viruses etc. Anyway, she had the same problem charging her laptop. A few months later she brought her laptop for fixing, and she had a connector into the dc jack and her ac plugged into that. This solved the problem and her laptop charged without flickering and cutting out.

I need to know what that connector is called so that I can buy one for my niece. I've search google and can't get in touch with my neigbour to ask her.My nieces notebook doesn't charge probably, it flickers when charging.
I once helped my next door neigbour fix her laptop, viruses etc. Anyway, she had the same problem charging her laptop. A few months later she brought her laptop for fixing, and she had a connector into the dc jack and her ac plugged into that. This solved the problem and her laptop charged without flickering and cutting out.

I need to know what that connector is called so that I can buy one for my niece. I've search google and can't get in touch with my neigbour to ask her.000000My nieces notebook doesn't charge probably, it flickers when charging.

I need to know what thatMy nieces notebook doesn't charge probably, it flickers when charging.

I need to know what that connector is called so that I can buy one for my niece. I've search google and can't get in touch with my neigbour to ask her.My nieces notebook doesn't charge probably, it flickers when charging.

I need to know what that connector is called so that I can buy one for my niece. I've search google and can't get in touch with my neigbour to ask herMy nieces notebook doesn't charge probably, it flickers when charging.

I need to know what that connector is called so that I can buy one for my niece. I've search google and can't get in touch with my neigbour to ask her.

Like this post
SJM_81

Likes # 0

Sorry that's jumbled up copy and pasted what I wrote earlier and it came out wrong.

Please deete the post and I will try to repost it later. Ty

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Do you mean the power adaptor? is the problem the same as the one described ClickHere

Like this post
SJM_81

Likes # 0

I think the dc jack has pushed in so the ac adapter doesn't get the charge. My neigbour had same problem then next time I fixed her laptop, she had a conector that plugged into the jack and her ac plugged into that. So I am guessing the connector was deeper therefore getting the charge?

Sorry if I'm not making much sense here.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

DC lack plugs can be renewed or replaced mine failed on my toshiba and I adapted the fitting to screw on from the outside.

Make and model of machine?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Did it look like THIS that's a jackplug adaptor. But I would go with Fruit Bat /\0/\'s advice. Also it might be the wire that has broken inside the cable.

Like this post
SJM_81

Likes # 0

Yes that looks like it. Will a jack adapter solve the problem.

Ps how much does it cost roughly to have the dc jack soldered, I don't think I'd be comfortable doing it myself.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia