We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

1.5 tb only shows 500gb

alan2k1

Likes # 0

i know this should be an easy problem to solve but it isnt i have a western digital WD15EARS should be 1.5tb but is now only showing 500gb ...in windows 7 disk management it only shows 1 partition of 500gb there are no uninitiated drives or partitions i have tried to reinstall windows 7 (which was successful)but still only shows a single partition of 500gb any pointers would be much appreciated thanks alan

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

What does C Drive show in my computer.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Right click Computer>Manage>Disk Management>and see what's listed there. Of course it might seem a daft question but are you quite sure the drive is 1.5TB?

Like this post
alan2k1

Likes # 0

thats buteman and chronus in c drive just shows 465 gb in disk management this is just the 1 drive listed at 465.78gb as well the expeced system reserved 100mb..there are no other partitions or off line drives ..and yes its quite clearly marked on the disk 1.5TB

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

It may not give the answer, but Treesize Free gives details of sizes of folders etc.

TreeSize

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Very strange.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Try Partition Wizard as well

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It would seem that you are not alone with this hard drive 1.5tb showing up as 500gb

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Woolwell

Good find.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014