We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Gmail signs me into Youtube

thumbscrew

Likes # 0

I've just signed up for Gmail and I've discovered that each time I sign in, I'm automatically signed in to Youtube. Also when I sign in to Youtube the reverse happens and I'm also in to Gmail.I'd prefer to decide and isolate them, anyone know if this is possible?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

You can go into your youtube settings and link to a separate gmail account.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Thanks Chronus, I don't know if it makes any difference, but I've also got a separate Outlook Express account.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

To be honest I have no idea, but it is easy enough to create a separate Gmail account, I have 5 which are used for different situations. Create">http://mail.google.com/mail/e-11-c66ac860c66bdd29925b922cb262d-0ebda49c884375d5c76c5ed1cd022cd2b72f31a6">Create you can add the new address to your main account,that way you can get any email to the new address in one account, but of course they will be separate.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Thanks Chronus, I'll investigate that when I return from work later today.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I believe that you can collect your g-mail via Outlook Express - instructions here. According to some posts I have read this gets around the problem because you are not permanently signed in to your Google account.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Yes, I'd read about that, thanks difarn and I'll give it a shot later...long list of instructions but all the info's there.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Sorry my link,for some reason did not work. Someone posted here that you could copy and paste a link these day. But I think that is true sometimes as consistency is not a strong point here. So try this link instead.

Google">http://mail.google.com/mail/e-11-10b4e371bd33a417a20071488c091-c83beb9783a4be7856fd4be7b8dd9a751c74954c">Google

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Link still not working, just type create gmail account and it is the top page beneath the ad.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Ok Chronus, got it...thanks very much.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

On this XP pc I collect gmail via Outlook Express POP (I suppose I could use IMAP) so am never logged into Youtube etc unless I deliberately log in. Setting up the account in OE was just the same as any other POP email. You just have to remember to go to gmail Webmail first to enable POP in your acccount. Instructions are in a link in difarn's link.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote