We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Gmail signs me into Youtube

thumbscrew

Likes # 0

I've just signed up for Gmail and I've discovered that each time I sign in, I'm automatically signed in to Youtube. Also when I sign in to Youtube the reverse happens and I'm also in to Gmail.I'd prefer to decide and isolate them, anyone know if this is possible?

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Hello lotvic,yes that's what I've been looking at and feel keen enough to set up. As I stated earlier I have my old OE email address that is the one I use most often and a Gmail that I set up recently. Can you-or anyone else tell me, if I set up my Gmail to collect via OE, what happens to my OE account? Do both sets of messages come through my OE box, or would my OE emails stop appearing?.....this wouldn't be desirable as I get fairly important stuff in my OE and would prefer to keep that open as well as the Gmail. Hope this hasn't been too confusing!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

OE is just a program to collect emails from any address, so don't understand what you mean by OE address unless you are meaning you have one account, in which case it won't be affected by making a new account for gmail.

In OE you have/make a separate account for each email address. example: If you have 3 email addresses you have 3 accounts in OE, the part after the @ is the name of the server where OE goes to collect that mail (note that it has nothing to do with who your ISP provider is)

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Sorry confusing you,I have one account in OE that I use for everything. However it's with Talk Talk and their servers regularly crash, leaving us with either complete outtages, or emails that take hours to get through. Because of the frequent problems I opened the Gmail account.So if I set up to collect the Gmail from my OE account, what happens to any emails sent to my original OE account, will they too be displayed in the OE box, or will that only contain the newly set up Gmail messages?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I am with TalkTalk for ISP (I agree about losing internet connection regularly) also separately the TalkTalk email server is often out of action :(

I have 6 different email accounts in OE all are configured so that when I click on the Send/Receive button OE goes to each in turn and sends/collects emails. Or I can click on the dropdown arrow at side of Send/Receive button and do them individually. You prob won't have the dropdown button as you only have one account, it will appear when you make another account as will the choice of which email to use when you 'Create Mail' - dropdown at end of the From: on the email.

If you have a look in 'Tools' > 'Accounts', and highlight your email and then click on 'Properties' on the right > on the 'General' tab at the bottom there is a box to tick to 'include this account when receiving mail or synchronising'

Also I think in gmail webmail account (not in OE) you can configure it to collect your talktalk email which would then be collected by OE via gmail when you collected the gmail, but I have never used this as I figure if Talktalk email server is down gmail can't collect it either to send to me.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen