We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I bought an out of date Belkin hub what's best now

Muergo
Resolved

Likes # 0

The 7port Belkin powered hub I bought not so long ago a F5U 027, and now I find from a feedback on Amazon that it's an old one and no firmware/drivers are available any more.

I'm trying to find where I bought it and I see they are still on sale, just shows when you buy on price, but seeing it was Belkin Ithought it would be O.K.

Now my PC doesn't recognise several, not all, items I plug into it.

Anyway, water under Staines upon Thames bridge, what is the consensus for a good large hub, I have USB3 as well as USB2 to plug it in to, whether that makes any difference I no know. I have a large need, sometimes temporary, to plug in phones, cameras, card reader, etc as well as normal printer scanner, several hard drives, burners etc, etc , but these go direct onto other PC outlets. and I like to dedicate a seperate USB socket to each and not keep plugging and unplugging.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

Chronos., having cables permanently plugged in is what I said previously is what I prefer with each one labelled accordingly, I don't seem to get any recognition troubles as I did when using same lead for phone and camera etc.

I'll do precisely what Fruit bat has suggested, turn them all off and put back one by one , but I would rather have a new up to date hub first.

Thank you everone. As I said on another thread, the PCA Helproom is way better than other forums (forii?) I have a question running on three BMW forums with no replies.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...