We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

WinPatrol duplicate icons on taskbar

VCR97
Resolved

Likes # 0

Anyone else seeing two Scotty icons in the notification area? I'm getting this on three computers. This has happened in the last few days possibly as a result of the recent upgrade. Both icons operate correctly although only one shows the change in appearance when checking things.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I just have the normal one icon.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

One icon as normal for me. But I have seen it on occasion over last 3 years. No idea why or what I did or if it fixed itself.

Try Revo Uninstaller, then re-install latest download version.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

In add remove the latest update shows 2 versions of Winpatrol.That may just be for the pay for version I am not sure.

I deleted them thinking that it was a mistake and then downloaded it again and still have 2 on Add-Remove.

I only have one icon on the Taskbar though.

Like this post
VCR97

Likes # 0

Tonight the two W7 computers are OK but the XP computer still shows two icons. On this computer (W7) Revo shows one instance but Control Panel shows four instances although there's only one in the list of programs. I think that I might do a clean installation tomorrow.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Use Revo on setting 4 on your XP computer and that should remove all Winpatrol downloads then reinstall it again.

Like this post
VCR97

Likes # 0

I did clean reinstallations from new downloads. All OK now. Strange that all three should have been affected. Dodgy downloads?

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote