We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Nvidia Graphic Card Blackout Problem

Phoenix40

Likes # 0

Hello i seem to be having a regular problem with my latest Nvidia 8400S graphic card. It was installed by an computer engineer before last Xmas to replace a similar one that came with my computer when i purchased it. What happens when im playing a computer game either from desktop but especially online and also yesterday when i was watching a stream film. The screen would suddenly blackout sometimes after a short while it will correct itself and come back up. Otherwise it will completely remain blackout and i will have to restart the computer again. When it does come back up it will say theres an error with the graphic card etc. on the bottom menu. I have been updating the drivers for the graphic card each time but it has been happening sometime and now with more frequency so i wonder if someone can explain what can be the cause or if there is some way i can correct this? Thanks a lot.

Like this post
Phoenix40

Likes # 0

Hello i finally got round to open up the computer again. These are the details from the power unit i hope they are the right ones.

Model Number FSP250-60HEN 3.3V & +5V = 115W Max Total Output up to 250W

There was the usual AC DC figures as well so i hope this will help you. I did another clean out of the boards with a brush this time. When you are ready and this is the information you want let me know what other GPU boards i can go up to thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......