We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google - Credit card association on my account??

compumac

Likes # 0

I have just attempted to make an apps purchase via the internet and it is associated with Google. The dialogue box that came up after indicating my e-mail address, displayed a credit card part number that I used a good few years ago. I do not remember a previous occasion where my purchases were associated with Google and I wish to look at my Google account to see as to any references to a credit card but am unable to see any reference within my Google account. Am I missing something?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

What about Google Pay, have you ever used that?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Obviously your thread in January wasn't resolved Android credit card

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Sorry I meant Gooogle Checkout.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Woolwell At the time I was not aware of any purchase associated with Google, but obviously after today's episode I realise that I must have done so. I have looked at my Google account details today to see if there are any references to credit cards but cannot find anything at all.

Chronus It could very well have been Google Pay.

Either way I wish to remove the now non-existent credit card details and replace them with the uptodate detail. I am looking for guidance in respect of that.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I have just done that exact thing myself. You will need to log in to your Google Checkout page and click on payment methods. The rest is self explanatory.

It has been a while since I used Google pay and had forgotten about it until I saw your thread. Could not even remember the password but fortunately I had associated my mobile number with the account so a quick text verification and I could change the password.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Chronus Yes thanks for that. I was looking within my Google account and not Google Checkout. I have now been into that account and have hopefully carried out the necessary. I have found that I did purchase a Sync programme back in 2008 but had forgotten the association with Google Pay (Checkout). Will now try to make my purchase.

Woolwell. have you a good memory or did you search?

Like this post
p;3

Likes # 0

Correct me if I am wrong but why is a dialogue box showing with your Card number in it ?

Does it show the complete number or just a part of it?

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

p;3 Just the last four digits.

To all. Have resolved all problems now, thanks. I am having one of those days where it might be better to go to bed early or just not have got up at all. I am having a very senior day, not a senior moment.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Remembered that someone had asked a very similar question. Did a search and realised it was you. Wish I could remember some other things as well as that!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers