We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

File views in XP windows how to fix them?

gel
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hello My files open in icon view.I would like for them always to open in details view. Is it possible to fix the view I want so that the files always open in 'list view' Thank you gel

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 1

Open any folder Switch to detailed view Click Tools > Folder Options Click the View tab Click the Apply to All Folders button

then to make it stay that way

[Start] [Run] [Regedit] Registry Key: HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell NoRoam\BagMRU Registry Key: HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell NoRoam\Bags Delete both of the keys listed above. Exit Registry and Reboot

The folder preferences must be reset after the two registry keys have been deleted.

Like this post  
gel

Likes # 0

Hello Fruit Bat /\0/\ I read your post yesterday and responded but it then seemed to vanish. Any way thank you for your reply ,it was very helpful and solved my query Cheers gel

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing