We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Just a blip I think

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

Teething probs after maintenence I think :(

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 1

Ha! Where's that petard of mine, I fancy hoisting myself?

(I could point out that consumers usually pay for a service, of course.)

Like this post  
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

rdave13

Oh that is good.

Matt Egan

(I could point out that consumers usually pay for a service, of course.)

Erm I assume you are joking, as I have not come across a forum that charges and unfortunately given that I am virtually house bound I do use quite a few. Nope I will just put your comment down to your wry sense of humour which I am glad to say you have.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

Matt Egan

I saw your post referring to me and so I thought I would check, by leaving and then coming back in. So this is the third time I have entered the forum this afternoon. Each time I have entered previously, it recognised me - How?? not a clue! - but each time I have entered over the last couple of days I have to enter my email address and password, this usually takes a couple of goes - Why?, not a clue! - before I even get to see 'My Posts' so I know I am in. Also this morning I asked for my password to be sent to me, and I am still waiting!

Seeing as how you may see this I would also like you to know that when I put my mouse over the Forum box it can take 4, 5, or 6 attempts to get to 'Tech-Helproom', whereas before I just clicked on the Forum, they all appeared and I just clicked the mouse on the one I wished to look at!! Odd the way it has changed!

I must also say that at no time have I thought that you were in any way responsible for any of the problems, it's just that you would appear to be the 'public face' of PCA and - as such - you are the person that is going to have every one's problems heaped on your shoulders. And I do not think that will ever change, no matter what you say, think or do!!!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

rdave13

Liked your 2nd post just thought that maybe this was not the proper time for PCA to post it.

Weird how some get it and some don't.Still cannot sign in using IE9 but have narrowed it down to maybe a cookie problem.

I always have my cookies deleted when I shut IE9 so maybe that's the problem.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Hello buteman, Matt took it in the light-hearted spirit as intended. As for scrubbing cookies, IE9 deletes all cookies, history, cashes etc when I close it down. I frequently scrub with Ccleaner and SAS. So that shouldn't be the problem.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

rdave13

Just clicked on IDG cookie options and it says Your browser does not allow third party cookies.

Now that might be the problem.It is no big deal as I usually use Firefox most of the time.But you know how it is,if it does not work you always want to know why.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Yes I know how annoying it is when it should work but doesn't. My browser doesn't support third party cookies either.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

On W7 and IE9, The preserved password is not recognised. When I try to log in with my eMail, the dots for the previously remembered password, when entered , produces a message that the eMail or password is incorrect. When I manually type in the password it lets me in.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try going to your profile in PCA, re-type your email and put in a new password. IE should now ask you if you want it to remember it, click OK. Should work even if you use your old password and add "2" to it.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I found another way. When the log in came up, I deleted the dots and typed in the old password and entered - at the bottom of the screen a dialogue box asked if I wanted the password remembered. Cross fingers.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers