We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Just a blip I think

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

Teething probs after maintenence I think :(

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Back to normal.

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

Sorry about that. It should be fixed now.

As you know every now and then we have to upgrade our database which means unfortunately that we have weeks such as this one: deeply frustrating for everyone, with no discernible end product as far as the outside world is concerned. That, I'm afraid, is the price you and I pay for PC Advisor taking the care to do things properly.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience, and appreciate your phlegmatic response!

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

rdave13

[ Second attempt at posting!!! ]

I hate to disagree with you but the last couple of days the site refused to recognise me even after I had - THREE times entered my email address and password. So about 1030 or thereabouts this morning I asked for my password to be sent to me. Still waiting, and still no 'My Posts', never mind query I posted!!!

I also take what Matt Egan says with a pinch or pound of salt. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!!!!!!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I think PCA has hired out their staff and are now doing repairs to the M4 at heathrow.

Same senario both overrunning with their repairs.I think the M4 was supposed to be opened again today but that has been put off for a few more days so it looks like next Monday before that opens again but it may not be finished by monday so maybe later on in the week.

PCA have been doing repairs since they they updated their system last year and are still not quite finished yet.I am sure both get their workers from the same Agency.

Nope still wont post using IE9 will try Firefox.

Site Error

It appears the site had some difficulty proccessing your request and has errored internally.

An email has automatically been sent to technical support.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

That, I'm afraid, is the price you and I pay for PC Advisor taking the care to do things properly.

So this is things being done properly,hate to see it when its not being done properly.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Housten , I have no idea how such a FREE forum is run, especially over many years, but I do suspect it takes a lot of work. Maintenance will be essential and takes part with a few hiccups.

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

Ignoring unwarranted attacks on my personal integrity, and the capabilities of our development team, I will try to help... The problems are buteman you can't post and Housten you are having trouble logging in and you can't see My Posts or anything you have posted?

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

My point, Chronus is we could choose not to update our database. It affords us nothing but extra expense. But we endeavour to adopt best practices in our handling of YOUR data.

No-one is more embarrassed than I am by the way things have gone this week, and I am sincere in my apologies for the inconvenience caused to each and every one of you. The way this has played out has been unnacceptable. Unfortunately it is a difficult task, and not one we undertake regularly. We will get things right, and in the mean time I appreciate your patience.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

buteman, as you know IE9 is my main browser and now the glitch is fixed it still works OK.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Oh dear, PCA link.. ;)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger