We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

A FORUM where nobody can post a response

Sea Urchin
Resolved

Likes # 0

Yes, same for me - it gets worse and worse.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Is there also a problem with retaining the Login information as well?

Yes, it is the same for all of us. Be patient, it must be a nightmare in the backroom - and it's Friday the Thirteenth... as FE says - buy doughnuts. (and be thankful it's not you trying to put it to rights)

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I think we should consider ourselves very lucky to have such a popular FREE forum, some other technical magazines don't permit participation in discussions unless one is a paid up subscriber.

Out of all the forums I visit, mainly technical not computer, this has the highest readership and speediest resolution of problems. But nobody can beat the sheer volume of "Discuss the Archers"!! Dum di dum.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

lotvic

I have enough problems with simple queries. I certainly wouldn't like to try and resolve problems with complicated Database issues!!

I'll wait and see what happens in the not too distant future.

Cheers

TonyV

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I think we should consider ourselves very lucky to have such a popular FREE forum, some other technical magazines don't permit participation in discussions unless one is a paid up subscriber.

These magazines are which? I would quite like to have a look and possible join.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

Chronos, try "Windows Secrets" for a start, one of the best Windows with a little bit of Mac, based in Seattle with many contributors active or retired Microsoft employees, and have up to date advice on what to do and importantly what not to do regarding updates etc.

If you are into cars you have a big choice, BMW Car magazine or BimmerUK sites give great solutions including videos of "How to do" for many common tasks, but the Ford owners in various guises are free!

"Practical Classics" is great if you are restoring an old car whether classic or not, and for a really good package spend £80 a year and join the Brooklands Club, but you need to be near Brooklands to get the most out of it.

I go onto forums for Photography, Railways, and I'm searching now for the details of my Uncles final moments when he was shot down in 1944. You need to join up to the "National Archives" for that.

So much to do of interest but without my P.C. and the internet it would be impossible.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I am sorry, I misunderstood you, I thought you were referring to other PC magazine forums. I not sure I know why you should think that PCA is a technical magazine, I must admit that I have not bought it for quite sometime but I certainly would not have called it a technical magazine.

I would have thought that PCA's forums catered more for the general side of computing.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Chronus, we all got re-named Tech in some of the forum headings ;-)

Like this post
gel

Likes # 0

My post from yesterday, the answer and my response has disappeared altogether The reply was from fruitbat Sorry fruitbat but I did read your reply before it disappeared gel

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

lotvic

Doesn't make it so though.:)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks