We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I need to send secure text and email from PC and phone

clutch1985

Likes # 0

I am looking for ways to send secure text messages and email, I need them to be secure enough to meet HIPAA laws in the USA.

Anyone know such utilities or apps?

I did find one call Tigertext, which deletes text messages and is HIPAA compliant, but it is only for text messaging.

Can anyone help me on this?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Found this, but haven't used it so cannot recommend or otherwise.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

I would suggest using a web hosting company for your email as they are more secure than standard email, however I do not know of any Mobile phone that is secure for Email/text messaging.

Search for web hosting (1&1 are good)

Terry

Like this post
clutch1985

Likes # 0

Thanks for the feedback.

We ended up going with Tigertext, since it is the only app I found that allows for HIPAA compliant text. They also added Dropbox, so that when you put something in a Dropbox, you can set an auto delete time, just like their text messages.

After using it for a couple of weeks, I must say that I am really impressed with it.

Now if I can find a HIPAA compliant email app.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite