We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can't find replacement for Medion laptop battery

Dragon_Heart

Likes # 0

I have a Medion MD96178 laptop which is about 4 years old.

I've come to the conclusion the battery is dead. 'Plugged in not charging' tried all the normal solutions supplied both on these forums and the web but no joy.

Tried Amazon and Duracell Direct ( who are going to get back to me ) but I am experiencing problems locating a supplier for a replacement battery.

The problem with many on Amazon is many are called for example 'XYZ (UK)' but they are NOT UK based and something gets lost in the translation.

It's an 11.1 volt 4.4 Ah model ref MSN 40018281 (S UR 18650F ) and also has the ref series MIN 2200, which I assume is the charger ref

Any ideas

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Dragon_Heart

Not a great help but have you tried e-mailing or phoning Medion to see if they could advise you on where to get one.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I agree with buteman - they are very helpful.

Like this post
The Kestrel

Likes # 0

This is a genuine UK based company that supplies laptop batteries. It might be worthwhile contacting them.

http://www.laptopbatterysdirect.co.uk/

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Try ebay. I have just ordered a replacement battery for my MD 96697. Waiting for it to arrive.

Like this post
Dragon_Heart

Likes # 0

Will try Laptop Batterys Direct and let you know.

Never been a big fan of ebay but as a last resort ....

Thanks everyone :-)

Like this post
Dragon_Heart

Likes # 0

Tried Medion, even thay are having trouble getting adapters & chargers.

Have now got by searching for alternative make laptop on Amazon.

Thanks for all your suggestions :-)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I'm not sure if this will help but check for another number on the battery. Got replacement for a Packard Bell netbook which was difficult to find. That had um08a41 on it, another HP battery had an even smaller code -mu06. Searched Amazon with superb-choice printed after the batt. code. This is the result for the Packard Bell link. What's good with this company is you get the image of the battery which helps to identify.

Just found another one for my old Compaq, link. I've bought 2 from this USA company and have had no problems.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite