We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Bullguard Warning

ponytail

Likes # 0

I have had the following message from bullguard a few times .Can someone tell me what it is. Trojan.General.KDV.666684 Has been detected and moved into quarantine

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

It means exactly what it says - your Security program has found a Trojan (Virus type thingy) which it has move into quarantine - meaning that the Trojan is no longer a threat.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I would advise you to run a full scan with MalwareBytes or similar to make sure no other nasties are lurking on your PC.

Having had the message a few times, you should check that no one is visiting dodgy sites with your PC.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi nontek That message has just appeared again.I dont have malwarebytes but have CCLEANER which I use regular.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

CCleaner is not a malware scanner.If you have malawarebytes launch it, check for updates then scan your PC

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Sorry I see you do not have it. Another good one is Superantispyware see here for free download. SAS

Download it and run a scan, then do one about weekly - check for updates first.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Hereb is link for free Malawarebytes, also good. Malawarebytes Free

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

It might be a false positive, can you go into quarantine and see more details?

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

hi lotvic how do I check quarantine

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Again lotvic have just checked on quarantine and these trojans are there.They have been quarantined on a regular basis.I have malawarebytes installed and have scanned and it did come up with these issues and I clicked on remove do why do they keep re-appearing.

Like this post
anniesboy

Likes # 0

Contact Bullguard Support via their home page ,use live chat or email,I'm sure they will advise.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September