We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unable to make Wireless connection for devices

bpzoom

Likes # 0

W7. Internet connection is through BT Home Hub2 and is hardwired. No problem at all. But my wireless connected BT internet radio and my wife's Kindle can no longer connect to the internet. The radio says connecting to network but does nothing. I have changed nothing I am aware of. I have looked at the BT Home Hub Wireless set up page and the settings are Using WPA and WPA2 and the correct wireless encryption key is there. Channel selection is automatic. I have changed that to 3 other suggested channels, no result. Frankly it is all Greek to me and I do not know what I am looking at. Can anyone advise what might be wrong and how I reconnect the Kindle by wireless and the internet radio please? (I know I can use a USB to connect the Kindle, but not the radio).

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I saw another post on the same subject and it appeared that the internet radio uses WEP settings to connect.

There appear to be two options available - either upgrade firmware for radio or change Home Hub to WEP.

I am attaching an article from BT about this particular problem, although your radio may not be a BT model. I hope this will be useful.

In relation to the Kindle it may be that you need to change the wireless channel - there are posts that indicate that channel 13 has problems but channel 11 is fine. To do this you will need to access the router's configuration pages. BT article here.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK