We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Computer continually restarting at start up

wmossuk

Likes # 0

Hi guys,

I have just built the computer today as the parts came through in the post. I have everything set up but now when i turn the computer on I get the initial Gigabyte motherboard screen which shows that you need to press delete for BIOS setup etc. However its not recognising that I'm pressing delete.

What I want to do now is be able to install Window 7. I have the disc inserted but all the computer does is load the screen I mention above and after about 10 seconds just shut down and restart in a loop.

HELP!! :S

Like this post
grahamk89

Likes # 0

Try using the esc key to go into bios, it may also be the F2 key you are looking for. Different machines sometimes have different key requirements to enter the BIOS.

The loop you mention is because the system cannot find an OS. Usually though in this instance you would receive an error saying "Cannot find operating system - press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart."

Like this post
wmossuk

Likes # 0

No luck,. the screen that loads up definitely says delete for BIOS set up. Tried Escape and F2 but nothing.

I've tried it with two different keyboards one is the purple connector and the other is USB and both do nothing?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Did you put thermal paste on the heatsink?

Sounds as if shutting down after overheat.

Like this post
wmossuk

Likes # 0

yeah its the i5 3750k and the fan that came with it with thermal paste on it

Like this post
wmossuk

Likes # 0

specs are

i5 3750k 8gb Ripjaw memory EVGA GTX 560 graphics card 600W Corsair PSU Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Mobo

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I would check everything again,by that I mean that everything is seated correctly and in particular the CPU cooler, as Fruit Bat has said it sounds like overheating so make sure that the cooler is fitted correctly. Also ensure all power cables are connected to the motherboard and that the CPU fan is in the correct motherboard header.

Do you get any beeps from the motherboard on power on? If so what?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...