We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Upgrade processor

tazpafc

Likes # 0

Hi guys,

So i was thinking about buying a new laptop but have decided to upgrade my current pc instead. The thing is im not very switched on with pc,s so thought id post here so you guys can help me, basicaly i know what ram i need and whats the max i can have but im having trouble trying to figure out what processor to buy so im gonna try putting as much info about my specs here as i can to help you help me lol, not worried about graphics as i dont play any high end games, all i play is football manager so here we go,

Acer Aspire X3960

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)

3.10 gigahertz Intel Core i3-2100

Multi-core (2 total)

4042 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Board: Acer Aspire X3960

Bus Clock: 100 megahertz

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. P01-A4 03/08/2011 (this is what it said under main circuit board)

and just incase you wanted to know the graphics Intel(R) HD Graphics Family [Display adapter]

So iv tried finding out the mother board and its come up with whats here and intel H67 so hope you guys can h

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

"Also, apparently there's a setting somewhere in the game called 'Threading' which when enabled allows the game to utilise the extra cores / threads of your processor." I don't think that it is there in the later versions - or at least I cannot find it.

Like this post
tazpafc

Likes # 0

I'll have a look for that, not something iv ever seen in the options tho

Like this post
tazpafc

Likes # 0

It does have the option woolwell at the main menu then preferences then threading http://www.footballmanager.net/manual/fm2012/2.1.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Thank you.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more