We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cannot download photos from PC to iPad2

Dalmation

Likes # 0

I cannot seem to download photos from my PC to iPad2. I have got one album on my iPad but it will not let me download any other albums. Any help would be appreciated

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I an more familiar with iPods. One method would be to install and use iTunes , which has music, photos, films, podcasts, photo options.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Dalmation

Try this...Click Here

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

How did you get the first album on?

Like this post
Dalmation

Likes # 0

Woolwell

I downloaded the first album quite successfully by sync but when I try to download another album the photos appear on the first named album. I cannot seem to change the album name when trying to download a further album. Perhaps you can help me out here. My grandson set it all up for me and I remember him saying "do you want your photos on it" and I replied "no". Perhaps this is the problem but I have no idea how to reverse the situation. Unfortunately, he does not live in this country so it is difficult.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

"I downloaded the first album quite successfully by sync". Did you use iTunes?

Perhaps this will help how to sync photos

Like this post
Ynyshir25

Likes # 0

Sorry for delay but for some reason I could not access this site. I followed the instructions you gave but my photos are still being overwritten. I have two folders in "My Pictures", one named Venice, the other Emirates. When I download Venice via iTunes all appears well, but when I then download Emirates it deletes Venice. Please help, its driving me mad!!

Like this post
Ynyshir25

Likes # 0

You may wonder why I am now called Ynyshir - as I said I had such difficulty accessing the site that I started from scratch and registered another name and hey presto it worked. I am really Dalmation so I thought I had better let you know as you may be wondering about the new name. Dalmation (now Ynyshir)

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

In iTunes, with the iPad connected, under devices select your ipad, then on the photos tab make sure that both Venice and Emirates folders are selected then click on sync. You do not download one at a time, uncheck and download the other. Unchecking deletes photos from the iPad.

Like this post
Ynyshir25

Likes # 0

Great. Thanks a lot. Easy when you know how!!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Glad that you are fixed. You also know how to delete! Uncheck the ones that you no longer want.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...