We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Failure to Post LINKS in Threads.

Nontek
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have been trying to post a Response in a thread in this Forum, where I wanted to include a URL link. However, with the Link included it would simply not post! I used the Globe, as per normal, and when that did not work I tried Copy/Paste without the Globe - same result!

Anyone else having the same problem??

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

spuds

Agreed, first time I have had this problem.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

There are several posts on this problem,one of them started by me, seemingly it is being looked into. So don't hold your breath for a solution any time soon.

Like this post  
Nontek

Likes # 0

Chronus

I won't!!

But might as well give this the Green tick while FE ponders.

Cheers.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Just tried to open a new thread and goodness knows where it ended up as it has not materialised yet.

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

Hi.

This appears to be an instance where the link is getting blocked by the software we added to filter out spam, after these forums were particularly badly hit a few weeks ago.

We're not planning on lifting the block to allow one link but keep letting us know where appropriate links are blocked here.

Thanks,

Simon,

Publisher, PC Advisor

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

OOPs, do not know what happened with the above.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Chronus

Nirsoft does not usually open for me but that one did.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Nontek - I had the same problem yesterday - I gave up in the end. It is happening all too often for my liking!

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

The problem I see with Simon Jary's request to inform of where links fail to post is that if you have written out a long response containing several links and then on trying to post you find it the does not. You have then got to figure out which link is the problem one.

I recently tried to post with 5 links to various PC's within a budget but I could not because one or more of the links fell foul of the rather over the top spam filters. I just decided to tell the guy to go the various manufacturers websites and look for the PC's I was trying to link to on them.

I never get an error message saying that a link might be spam the page just refreshes with my response un-posted.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do